In the past, Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) has been costly, unreliable, and only relevant for a limited number of applications. Errors were commonplace and the available hardware could not read every licence plate reliably, and so could not operate without human confirmation. Additionally, low-light areas, oblique vantage points, and non-standard characters caused issues in detecting and capturing number plates.
Today’s ANPR cameras, engineered with deep learning algorithms and GPU processors, are extremely accurate – more than sufficient to overcome previous challenges.
Hikvision’s ANPR systems “learn” number plate information within a scene, recognizing a much higher number of automobile plates and with much higher efficiency than conventional ANPR systems. They also no longer require the frequent and often cumbersome camera positioning adjustments.
- High quality imaging with 2 MP resolution
- Excellent low-light performance via DarkFighter technology
- Clear imaging against strong back light due to LightFighter technology
- License Plate Recognition
- Efficient H.265+ compression technology to save bandwidth and storage
- Advanced streaming technology enables smooth live view and data self-correction in poor network
- 5 streams and up to 5 custom streams to meet a wide variety of applications
- 6 behaviour analyses, 3 exception detection, and face detection
- Water and dust resistant and vandal proof (IP67 and IK10).
- Entrance and exit management / barrier control
- Blacklist alarm and VIP list notification
- Post-event investigation for forensics
- Toll management on highways or parking lots