Southern Monitoring Services
Southern Monitoring and Northern Monitoring Services have got the whole country covered.
Formed in 1983, they are the largest independent ARC and RVRC in the UK with over 25 years’ experience and achieved the first NSI Quality Assurance ISO 9002 certificate. Both high security centres are NSI Gold for Security, Fire and CCTV Monitoring.
Offering the following forms of monitoring:
- Digital Communicator
- Redcare Classic/GSM/Agile/Assure
- GPRS DualCom Grades 2, 3 & 4 plus DualCom Fire
- Emizon 21 Dual Path IP signalling
- WebWayOne 2424 Dual Path signalling
- Remote CCTV Monitoring for BS8418 systems and Non BS8418 systems
They don’t just monitor alarms and CCTV; they can monitor anything - for example, medical, industrial and environmental alarms, lifts, scaffolding, lone workers, satellite tracking systems - you name it.
But for us, our most important objective is to provide you with a personal service and a tangible level of support beyond promotional literature and staff titles.
Their fully manned centres operate from two locations within the UK and provide for a virtual alarm handling network and telephony system. All phone calls are answered personally and recorded; none of their services are outsourced, either within or outside the UK.
We take ownership from the initial point of sale through to ongoing customer service visits. Our experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff are there to help. Our services are extensive and include professional sales advice, consultancy, project management, technical support and training.
The current Standard requires that an approved monitoring centre has contingency arrangements in the event of attack or disaster - natural or otherwise. This is often achieved with a backup agreement with another approved centre. Where they are different is that SMS and NMS are two independent but fully integrated centres providing 100% real-time backup to one another.
Not only can one act as a backup to the other in the event of disaster, but calls to either ARC can be responded to by the other - a service that very few can offer. Both centres offer a Virtual Call Centre service where they co-ordinate your out-of-hours calls and service engineers.
By offering the most comprehensive monitoring and communications packages and the very best in customer service, they are recognised as a major force within the monitoring industry in the UK.
- Major incentives and signalling upgrade campaigns for Security and Fire systems
- IP, GPRS and PSTN connectivity
- NSI Gold fully approved Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC)
- Remote Video Response Centre (RVRC)
- Fully BS 8418 compliant for remote CCTV response to emergency services
- Huge savings over manned guarding costs on site
- Over 1000 installers use our facilities across the UK